Pages

Why use a reference video in your animation?

Hellow dear animators my name is lucca swahili now instead of introducing  myself let me jump straight into the topic...
Recently ive been trying to check out diffwerence between character animations done in our country and out or abroad they seem very different,,yaani most of our character animations seems invalid this is the reason i stopped doing character animation... because it needs research..it needs art it needs rules followed up...

Our animations may seem weak due to the lack of the following
-Wrong timing
-Dead or invalid joints
-Wrong lip syncing
-Lack of cartoonism(I mean cartoon character is not a human being..they have to cat different..completely different)
-Etc then back to reason 1...its all the same

My dear if u aint gat a way to shoot or refeerence your character animation before you do it you better not do it....yes you heard me ryt dont do it,,,video reference solves all these..with just a simple thing as a camera footage you might end up producing awesome stuffs than what you assumed or imagine so grab a video footage please,,,from a footage you can create another rough story board just on the extreme poses to know how you will do you blocking,,Am not gona talk about these today but anywayz please try this out,,,George mayollo does this.. see how is thing turns up Great??

Holla to ya all...

by the way(btw) i am writing these to simulate this tendency of writing down tutorials,,if you get your ass sitted and reading this please woke it up and write one post too thanks,.....

this

This is the author who took his/her time and wrote down this post he/she is an artist. you can go to the contact page to contact him/her

7 comments:

  1. This is great article @Luca, well done. It's true that using video footage can help timing the key poses for animation. I encourage animators to start using this technique especially using your own footages. And we can start by setting up the phone camera on the tripod or a table and record. Later bring the footage on your work station side by side with your animation software and do your thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks eric...
      Its true...hope it helps them all when they try...bcoz most dont

      Delete
  2. Well- done Luccas swahili. Ur article is amaizing. And all in all we as young growing artists And designers should focus on what we are doing, opening doors for people to positively influence us, Be willing to share back our design feelings and experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks winnie..ur comment is just amaizing
      ..it infuences lol.....

      Delete
  3. Nice article,i think this art needs time and passion and not rush,perfection should be the objective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, a reference video is really useful. I used to do a lot of acting so for simple things I won't use it, but I mean really simple, like just a wave or something, but if the whole body is involved, it really helps. In my current project I use them a lot, but I will share about those when it's done. However, for my first complete animation story, Kilimo 2, I used this one, which I link as an example. My main problem was keeping both hands on the jembe, as you can see one hand slips off here and there. I also had a very short deadline. I have done a lot of experimentation with it since, and soon I plan to share what I have discovered. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C88B-YvOnKQ In the end, even a mirror can help, especially with lip syncing!

    ReplyDelete